Wednesday 15 April 2015

Plan of Action: Let the Games Begin!


Retro gaming is far and away one of my favourite past times. Being 27 years old and having very little free time due to work/home life, I find little time to sit down and play anything let alone a modern day blockbuster.


In my humble opinion, playing a game should be a quick and painless "pick up and play" situation and with the exception of a few indie games out the at the moment, there really isn't much opportunity to sit down with a controller and enjoy something light-hearted and fun without having to get emotionally invested for £50.


To me, gaming is a look back at my childhood and remembering why I fell in love with it in the first place. I grew up on SNES and SEGA, Mario All-Stars and Sonic were the main culprits of my "wasted" youth and to me, there will be very few finer games than Mario 3 on SNES (though I have a huge soft spot for Mario Land 2 on the Game Boy).


Of course, there will be hundreds of games I never got a chance to play when I was younger for a multitude of reasons and I think it only fair that I give some of these games my attention.


There isn't really a set time frame of religiously updating this blog with my thoughts on each game I play but I suppose that is the beauty of gaming, it is there as and when you need it...


...I did just complete Castlevania I on NES in the last couple of months though.. that will most likely be my first port of call :).

No comments:

Post a Comment