Wednesday 6 July 2016

Current Collection

The Journey So Far...
While I don't feel it necessary to give myself a label of a collector, the fact is I do collect games much like most of you do. I imagine if you have gone to the effort of reading this this humble blog, you must have at least a keen interest in retro gaming and/or collecting or perhaps looking to get acquainted with this wonderful and nostalgic past time.

If the former is true, chances are you will have amassed a greater catalogued than I hold but for those curious, allow me to provide an up-to-date list of what sits pride and place on my shelves. Quick note beforehand, I will only count what I want to focus this blog around which is NES, SNES, SEGA And Game Boy. I have games for older platforms which I never knew existed when I was younger and some slightly newer but, for now, this is the focus.

SEGA Mega Drive

  1. Alien Storm
  2. Altered Beast
  3. Ballz
  4. Chuck Rock
  5. Greendog
  6. James Pond Robocod
  7. Kid Chameleon
  8. Mega Games 1
  9. Mega Games 2
  10. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Genesis)
  11. Mutant League Football
  12. NHLPA Hockey '93
  13. Side Pocket
  14. Skitchin'
  15. Sonic 1
  16. Sonic 2
  17. Sonic 3
  18. Speedball 2
  19. Splatterhouse 2
  20. Sub Terrania
  21. Taz-Mania
  22. The Haunting Starring Polterguy
  23. Theme Park
  24. Urban Strike
So nothing particularly flashy or outrageously pricey. I have mentioned a few times during past posts that I collect to play so I tend to shy away from the expensive, hell even some of the above I regret buying (looking at you Ballz!... actually that sounded less weird in my head).

NES

  1. Batman
  2. CastleVania
  3. Double Dragon
  4. Kabuki Quantum Fighter
  5. Probotector
  6. Shadow Warriors
  7. Star Wars
  8. Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
  9. The Legend of Zelda
Although relatively small, my NES games are my most beloved. You might notice a theme of side scrollers/platformers, I think as time has passed, I realised that this probably is my favourite genre. I consider none of these games a weak link and look forward to discussing all of them in a little more depth. Some of you may be aware of my very first review was CastleVania last year.

SNES

  1. Another World
  2. Fire Fighting (Super Famicom)
  3. Mickey Mania
  4. Super Adventure Island (Super Famicom)
  5. Super Mario All-Stars
  6. Super Mario Kart
  7. Super Mario World
  8. Super Star Wars
During my hiatus over the last few months, it seems that the SNES was left the most in the dark (something that may need to be addressed post-wedding!). A couple of cornerstones for the console in there but definitely room for improvement.

Game Boy

  1. Donkey Kong Land 2
  2. Mario Land 1
  3. Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
  4. Micro Machines
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Ages (GBC)
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening
  7. Wario Land (Mario Land 3)
  8. Wave Race
Most of these games haven't left my side since my younger days, DKL2 I still remember buying brand new. I think Wave Race is there through default, I think it stayed in the same drawer for about 25 years!

Looking through all the Nintendo games it looks like I stuck to the Mario and Zelda franchises but to be honest, I was never a huge fan of them. I enjoyed them well enough but I didn't connect with them as much as a lot of people did.

So there you have it anyway, the collection thus far a mixture of originals from the good old days and some brought into a new home, fixed up and back to previous glory. It's not the biggest collection, or the most expensive, or the rarest and perhaps to some people not even the most fun... but it is mine :)


If any of you lot out there want to share you thoughts and opinions, please don't be afraid to comment or get in touch. It is always genuinely great hearing from you.


All the best,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment