Tuesday 23 June 2015

Update - June 2015

A Crisis of Cables and Consoles
A nightmare of events with cables and consoles occurred over the last few weeks and it made things grind to a halt. Inability to set things up and find appropriate time to get back to gaming made things somewhat tricky and alas as things looked up from a technical stand point, the old personal factors come into play... still on-wards and upwards!


NERG 2015
We went to the North East Retro Gaming event over the weekend and had an absolute blast, it was here I had my crossroad... do I continue trying to get my consoles sorted out or just bite the bullet and buy a Retron 5? You may have read my piece on the Retron and now that I have one, I stand by my decision to get it. Especially now that a patch has been released to allow translation files for some foreign games, really looking forward to seeing what it can do up close and personal, pleasantly surprised so far.

The NERG event in itself made for a very enjoyable day. Myself, fellow RGR reviewer Mark and his pal, Stuart (some of you may know from the Ashens Youtube series, if not I highly recommend his channel here) spent a good few hours lurking around and made some great purchases, played some excellent arcade classics and fulfilled that nostalgia void.

When all was said and done we had a little competition of our own, a challenge of Micro Machines 2 and California games, washed with a couple of beers and pizza and those ingredients made for a cracking weekend.

I hope to give more details about the NERG 2015 goings on in a later post with a couple of pictures. Alas, Mark took some good photos but is off to Glastonbury festival for the week, selfish.


Looking Forward
Now that I am set back up with the Retron 5, I will be looking to get back to reviewing as soon as I can. As always, I like to fully complete a game before making a review about it and will be looking at the next project imminently. It's great to be back!

Thanks to everyone for your support and I am delighted to get the ball rolling again!


Cheers,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment